Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Tiger Woods Movie?


Well, okay, I keep breaking my own rule about "not mentioning the Tiger Woods thing", but this sure got my interest: a big-budget Hollywood movie about Tiger Woods. Still in the planning stages - if the reports are true, and sources are sketchy - the biopic will star... wait for it... Cuba Gooding Jr. No, not Will Smith. Guess it was just a matter of time.

But what do you think about Cuba Gooding Jr.? I guess with the right haircut and some quality gym/driving range time, he could probably pull it off.
Speaking of movies, anyone agree with me that golf is sadly misrepresented in movies and TV dramas? Golfers are usually presented as stuffed-shirts, stuck-up, monied, elitist, dumb... you get my drift. The closest thing I've seen to a decent golf movie was "Stroke of Genius", starring Jim Caviezel as the legendary Bobby Jones. And it wasn't really great, a little too sugar-coated at times. "The Legend of Bagger Vance" was OK, but again, the violins were a little too loud every time Will Smith entered the scene.
Anyone out there care to comment on their favourite golf movie?

4 comments:

  1. My favorite golf movie?
    Well, it's acutally a movie with a golf sub plot.

    Pat and Mike - with Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.

    Brian Barton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian, I'll have to check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about "The greatest game ever played". Good golf story with a true basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check that one out, too. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete