Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Picture of the North Channel


In my last blog entry, I mentioned that I'd post a pic from Manitoulin Island. We were there during the last weekend of April to attend a funeral (my wife's aunt, she was a very classy & hospitable lady) and the weather was beautiful. The ferry from Tobermory wasn't running yet, so it's a bit of a drive: up to Sudbury, west to Espanola, and across the swing bridge to the Island.

The picture was taken on Highway 6 just south of Little Current (the biggest town on Manitoulin). We're looking north-east, where the North Channel meets Georgian Bay. That's my sister-in-law Lori on the left, and my wife Jane on the right. What a spectacular view.


There are 3 golf courses on the Island, and 2 of them were open - very early for them! The 18-hole course in Manitouwaning had already cut most of the turf - again, very early. I've only played the 9-hole course in Mindemoya, Brookwood Brae, a fun & tight track with a few surprises! Definitely worth a visit.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome picture! Hi mum!! I miss the island... Hopefully next summer!!

    ReplyDelete